Wow, you clicked on my about page. I’m so flattered! Here are some facts about me. 😊
I come from a family of readers. My parents enjoyed Agatha Christie and Stephen King, and those authors were my early favorites too. As I grew older I retained my love of traditional mysteries, but also got into fantasy, science fiction, and adventure stories of all types.
I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, in a suburb of Tacoma Washington. After high school I studied Business Administration at Washington State University, and later on, Organizational Psychology at Antioch University. I’ve worked as a headhunter, an HR manager, and a management consultant.
Because I love business and the human drama that goes along with it, my first three novels are set in the modern workplace. And while the characters and stories are pure fiction, the setting was inspired by the years I spent working at Pacific Medical Centers in Seattle. Although it should be noted that I had wonderful bosses and no one was murdered. Thank goodness.
In early 2018 I decided to set up this website, and to treat my writing with the seriousness and care that it deserves. That’s how I find myself here, writing an “about the author” page and hoping it doesn’t sound pretentious.
To round out this page, here are a few random facts about me:
- I love coffee almost as much as Kat Voyzey does
- My Hogwarts house is Ravenclaw
- I adore terrible monster movies, including the Sharknado franchise
- I married my high school sweetheart, and as a result I believe I’m the luckiest woman on Earth
- Futurama and Rick and Morty are my favorite cartoons.
- I once traveled all the way to Wales to visit The Dr. Who Experience
- Halloween is my favorite holiday.
By the way, if you’d like to exchange book recommendations, friend me on Goodreads. Thanks!